The primary purpose of a Catholic School Advisory Council (CSAC) is to focus the resources of an entire community on the well being and effective learning of our young people. Membership of our council consists of, but may not be limited to:
- Parents/guardians of students enrolled in the school
- Community representative(s)
- Parish representative(s)
- The school principal
- A teacher
- A non-teaching staff member
CSAC acts in an advisory capacity to the principal on matters such as school curriculum and a code of behaviour. Other issues can include the preparation of school profiles, extracurricular activities and the establishment of ad-hoc committees for fund raising.
Anyone in the school or broader community is welcome to attend and to observe our meetings. These meetings deal with many issues important to the school community, however they are not forums for the discussion of parent-teacher-student issues. These concerns will be referred to the Principal.
Occasionally, observers may be asked to step from the room for issues of confidentiality or voting procedures.
Our school council is always looking for dynamic individuals in our community to be part of the team. All are welcome.
Chair – Roy Rodrigues
Secretary – Denise Burgess
Treasurer – Sonia Lawrence
Our Catholic School Advisory Council’s Activities
1998 – present
We are fortunate at St. Teresa of Calcutta CES to have an active Catholic School Advisory Council that not only acts in an advisory capacity to our school’s administrative team, but has also been instrumental in supporting staff and students through a variety of initiatives:
- Creative playground
- Boulevard sign
- Greening of school yard ( including the purchase of 27 trees and large rocks and 4 soccer posts)
- Shrove Tuesday kits (griddles and cookware)
- Audio visual equipment from past (digital video camera, laptop with data projector, rolling cart, CD players, overhead projectors)
- Chrome books and charging cart(s)
- Assist in bussing of students each year for masses
- Library shelves and rotating shelves, library books
- Repair of Orff instruments
- Purchase of athletic uniforms ( basketball, volleyball)
- New high jump pits
- Replenish gym equipment (basketballs, volley balls)
- Purchase of outdoor play equipment (balls, skipping ropes etc.)
- Purchase of music equipment (purchase on going)
- Support for the marginalized and local families in need
- Classroom support ($100.00 per teacher)
- Sacramental support ( doves, crosses, books, etc.) for first communion and confirmation
- Support guest speakers
- Home reading kits (JK-1)
- Literacy kits (JK-8) and numeracy kits (JK-8)
- Purchase of art kits for each classroom
- grade 8 graduation, support for trophies, plaques, medallions and engraving
- EQAO support, purchase of practice booklets
- Subsidy for student agendas
- Support costs for Gr. 8 retreat (bussing etc.)..
Thank you to all who have, and continue to be involved on behalf of the students of STC.